Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Almost 37 weeks... and counting

This weekend was our "official" baby shower. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful and supportive family (and friends!). We received almost everything we need and are so thankful - there's no way we could do this on our own.

Yesterday was my first day off from work. Thank goodness because I've been having an awful time sleeping. I wake up every night and can't get back to sleep for about 1-2 hours. Insomnia? I don't know. I think this is another one of those "conspiracy" things Aunt Roxi believes in (as in other women don't tell you this stuff, or conveniently forget about it).

Our 36 week appointment (although we're 37 weeks tomorrow!) was yesterday as well. We found out I'm 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Mom keeps reminding me this doesn't mean anything, but I'm so anxious about the day growing nearer (maybe why I can't sleep?!) After hearing that, Sid was really happy we decided to stop by Toys 'R Us and buy our car seat. I was directed to install it in the car... So now I get to drive around with an empty car seat for the next month... Well, at least we'll find out if I messed it up if it tips over!

Baby and I also had a wonderful visit with Auntie Bonnie in the afternoon. Big families are such a blessing. =) She's wise beyond her years and I learn so much from her about myself every time I talk to her.

On to more "nesting" behaviors for the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment